Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Magical Ice Crystals {Earrings of the Month}


We just returned from seven days in the snow. We headed up to Lake Tahoe for the first week of the boys’ Spring break. 


We skied, threw snowballs, hiked, snow-shoed, read books, played games, and watched Frozen. I had steered clear of it in the movie theatre after a little friend of ours declared it ‘a girls’ movie.’ I figured we could wait till it came out on DVD. And when we were at the grocery store in Tahoe, I spotted it in the RedBox and rented it for the evening. I have to say: we enjoyed it more than the LEGO movie and watched it multiple times before returning it! The patterns of the ice fractals were gorgeous…and we hunted for them during our outings.


Inspired by these ice columns we encountered on a trek to Bill and Flora’s Point near Royal Gorge, I created this month’s earrings…

Magical Ice Crystals
Clear quartz, icy moonstone, pale blue aquamarine, and barely green prehnite are all handwired to create these one-of-a-kind pieces made especially for my subscribers!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment