Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Inspirations

With our move half done - we are officially out of our old house thanks to my rockstar husband - I can begin to focus on the TREAT YOURSELF event I have this weekend. Three days to get ready. Ouch. I just hope I can find everything in the stacks of boxes littering my new home. TREAT YOURSELF is a local craft faire that features artisans peddling their wares, paired with a sweet treat. Shopping and sweets, what more could you want?

And since I'm also prepping for the class I'm teaching this trimester about chocolate, I looked no further than my chocolate stash for some sweet inspiration. The colors on the Vosges Black Pearl Bar screamed "Pick me, pick me!" And so, I did.

I'll be displaying pieces in all shades of chocolate with some spicy wasabi in there. Here's a green amethyst briolette handwired with recycled green glass and sterling silver to create a one-of-a-kind necklace.

If you're local, I hope you will stop by the TREAT YOURSELF Craft Faire. Saturday, August 6th. 2-5pm. Casanova Oakknoll Community Center. 735 Ramona Avenue, Monterey.

No comments:

Post a Comment