Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bit O'Honey

I've, sadly, never had a Bit O'Honey candy bar. My mom was a sugar Nazi; so there's no mystery why I am the way I am with my boys - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right? But of all the candies I watched my friends eat, the Bit O'Honey intrigued me the most. I liked the name. I love honey.

When I came across these voluptuous citrine nuggets, they reminded me of bits of honey. So I made a necklace-earring set with them.

This set is comprised of an assymetrical necklace and earrings made with organically-shaped gemstones that remind me of bits of honey.

Citrine nuggets, onyx, recycled clear glass and calcite are handwired with sterling silver to create this one-of-a-kind necklace that closes in the front with a sterling silver lobster clasp; the earrings are made with citrine nuggets and recycled glass and hang from sterling silver French wires.
 
Click here to purchase the piece from my etsy site, or to see more photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment