Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mint Chocolate Necklace III

I rarely create completely symmetrical pieces. My 7-year-old says, "Mommy, you need to practice your patterns. This is right, right, wrong..."; and when we were at the Carmel Valley Art and Wine Festival he made a point of showing me another jeweler's pieces: "See, Mommy. This necklace-maker understands patterns - right, right, right. Do you understand?!?" Yes, I understand.

These nuggets are so visually interesting, I went with a symmetrical design so as not to distract the eye.

A micro-faceted smoky topaz, recycled chocolate glass, and deep garnet hang at the focal point of this necklace. Hammered smoky quart, rough minty fluorite, and smooth smoky quartz are handwired with sterling silver to complete this one-of-a-kind piece. It closes in the rear with a twisted sterling toggle and green aventurine.

Click here to purchase this piece or to see more photos of this necklace on my etsy store.


No comments:

Post a Comment