Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For a March Baby Boy...


When a friend had her first baby, a boy, I wanted to create something for her that was both meaningful and useful. I used milky aquamarines since that is his birthstone (meaningful) and added an easy-to-use silver toggle clasp (useful).

In my blissful sleeplessness of new motherhood, I often forgot which side I was supposed to nurse the baby on next.  So, I swapped a ring from one hand to the other.  I figured she could use this as a nursing reminder, just switching it from one arm to the other, if she wished.


This one-of-a-kind bracelet features milky aquamarine nuggets handwired with recycled blue glass and features a sterling silver charm with her sweet boy’s name.  It closes with a sterling silver toggle.

Welcome to the world, Orion!

No comments:

Post a Comment