Monday, April 25, 2011

"Almost Right" Assymetrical Necklace

My seven-year-old was sitting on my lap, running his fingers along my necklace that I had just finished.

"Mommy," he said, "this necklace is almost right."

"What do you mean?" I queried, curious as to what he would change. It's always nice to get a second opinion on a design.

"The pattern is almost right. You have," he explained, putting his fingers on pairs of beads, "right, wrong, right. It should be right, right, right. This is wrong, but it's almost right."

I tried to explain assymetry and the aesthetics of assymetrical designs. He tolerated my explanation and concluded, simply, "Good job on the right parts. Maybe you'll get it all right next time."

Not because of his assessment, but I am keeping this 'Almost Right' necklace for myself. It pairs really nicely with the blues I've been wearing recently and, of course, my favorite Gap denim jacket!

Rough fluorite nuggets are handwired - in an almost right pattern - with amazonite nuggets and aquamarine nuggets to form this one of a kind necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment