Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lacrimi de Cristo Necklace

Lacrimi de Cristo. Tears of Christ.

Okay, so admittedly I am not a theist, but when I saw these artisan Mission-style crosses, I wanted to create some pieces for those who do believe, using in shades that are most often seen during this season; the colors used in the sanctuary for most of Lent is purple, red violet, or dark violet.

An artisan sterling silver Mission-style cross hangs at the center of this one-of-a-kind necklace and is handwired with rough freeform pyrope garnets, frosted Burma rubies, and round purple charoite. The necklace closes in the rear with a sterling silver lobster clasp.

I created this as an Easter gift for my mom, but have three other crosses and would be happy to make a similar piece for you. Please contact me for a quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment