Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yellow Rose Choker

Being born a Texan, I've always preferred yellow roses to red, though, admittedly, I am not a huge fan of the blossoms in general.  I prefer funkier flowers.  But when I came across these bright yellow Peruvian opals and deep green garnets, I knew I had to pair them with a sterling silver rose.

"The Yellow Rose of Texas" is a traditional folk song. The original love song has become associated with the legend of how a slave named Emily West Morgan helped win the battle of San Jacinto, the decisive battle in the Texas Revolution.

A rough golden-hued Peruvian opal hands below a sterling silver rose at the center of this one-of-a-kind necklace. Recycled deep green glass nuggets are handwired with labradorite, green aventurine, aquamarines, and grossular garnets to complete this piece. It closes in the rear with a twisted rope sterling silver toggle.
 
Click here for more photos or to purchase this piece from my etsy site.

No comments:

Post a Comment