Friday, January 28, 2011

Beautiful Briolettes

Briolette-cut gemstones resemble a drop of falling water.  Graceful.  Simple.  Bold.  I recently acquired a a few briolettes.  To highlight the beauty of the gems I created some very simple necklaces. 

The lower necklace in the photo to the right is a 15-carat smooth polished amethyst handwired with textured sterling silver bits and hanging from a sterling silver chain.

The raspberry colored gem is a 22-carat heart briolette, also, handwired with textured sterling silver bits and a faceted garnet hangs from a sterling silver chain.

I also have a smaller tanzanite briolette, but need to get a smaller gauge sterling wire to finish that one.

I haven't had a chance to list these for sale on etsy yet, but I will this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment