Monday, January 17, 2011

A Crafty Challenge

I rarely succumb to online chain letters, but something about this crafty challenge grabbed me: "I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment. However, to be eligible, you must repost this status, offering the same thing to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011!" So, I got my five and went to work.
Additionally, I wanted to make the piece relevant to the person and I was determined to use beads and findings that I already had on-hand. 

For a newly engaged friend, I created the Lusty Lariat: a sterling silver chili charm, recycled red glass, and red jade all handwired with sterling silver.  Along with the necklace I sent her my advice for a happy marriage - to always keep it spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment