Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Glorious Ginkgo Lariat II

As soon as I posted the last Glorious Ginkgo Lariat, a friend emailed and wanted to buy it.  So, I pulled my listing off etsy.  But I had a few more sterling ginkgo leaves, so I made a similar, though completely unique, piece.

I just listed the second Glorious Ginkgo Lariat for sale at ecochicdesigns.etsy.com.

Fascinating Facts About the Ginkgo Biloba
  • Ginkgo biloba is known as a "living fossil tree". This tree's genetic line spans the Mesozoic era back to the Triassic period. Closely related species are thought to have existed for over 200 million years.
  • There are no native ginkgoes living in the wild. All wild trees were wiped out hundreds of thousands of years ago but human intervention has saved the modern tree.
  • Several ginkgoes were the only living survivors of an atomic bomb blast dropped on Hiroshima, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment