Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fruity Inspiration

When Jake came in with a handful of blood oranges from his tree, I was inspired by the bright colors, both sanguine and sunny.  Gorgeous.  I forbade him from slicing all of them until I could photograph a necklace that matched them. 

"Where's the necklace?" he queried.

"In my head," I admitted.

He groan, "Oh, brother."

"No, seriously, give me an hour." 

And he did...just.  As soon as I photographed the pieces, this last orange was sliced and devoured.

I used magenta and orange druzy agate nuggets, recycled red and orange glass, orange turquoise, and garnet rounds to create this one-of-a-kind necklace.  For the focal point, I opted for a small sterling silver flower that reminded me of delicate orange blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment