Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tulip + All Shades of Denim = All Mine

Everyone has seen pink tulips and red tulips, yellow tulips and white tulips; there are even green tulips.  But the only shade of tulip that doesn't seem to exist is blue.  Even tulips with 'blue' in their names - 'Blue Ribbon', 'Blue Champion', 'Blue Parrot' - are more purple than blue or are a deep indigo.

Still I decided that I needed to make a blue tulip necklace to keep for myself and I wanted to use all the shades of denim that I could muster so it would pair nicely with another favorite of mine - comfortable blue jeans.  Here's what I created...

A heavily-plated sterling silver (over brass) tulip bead cap is handwired with faceted iolite rondelles, a denim-colored freshwater pearl, recycled teal glass, hematite rounds, and hefty faceted nuggets of aquamarine to form this one-of-a-kind necklace. It closes in the rear with a sterling silver lobster clasp...and it's mine, all mine!  But if you like these colors, let me know, and I'll happily create a similar piece just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment