Friday, February 4, 2011

Mouth-Watering Watermelon Tourmaline

Every now and then I come across a gem that just makes me swoon.  For awhile I was enamoured with deep-sea hued kyanite, then it was bright pumpkin-y carnelian. 

But I recently came across watermelon tourmaline and was instantly smitten. 

What's not to love?!  Watermelon + Tourmaline. Food and jewelry colliding. My mind immediately began thinking about what I would pair with this succulent gem.  I could go with pink, or green, or a combination of both.  So, naturally, I purchased a couple of pieces and will be making something soon.  Keep your eyes peeled.

About watermelon tourmaline...
The watermelon tourmaline is a rare variety that displays three different colors in the same crystal - green (the skin of the watermelon), pink (the sweet fruit) and white (the rind). 

No comments:

Post a Comment